Lawn care business advertising as it has been done in the past is DEAD.
Here is the short version if your’e in a hurry;
Lawn Care Marketing Ideas
- Diversify. Don’t rely on only one approach to marketing.
- Except the “flyer in a bag of rocks.” Cut it out, it makes you look like a loser.
- Learn how to rank your website in the organic results + Google for Business. We can show you step by step how to do that. We’ve done it MANY times.
- Learn to use Facebook Advertisements and Adwords wisely. Do it wrong your’e wasting your money.
A lot of home owners will tell you that finding good lawn care companies is difficult! If you have a lawn mowing service you should understand that lawn care business has changed. In order to get more sales you need to plan to bring lawn care marketing expert strategies into line with the digital age. Yellow pages? They are the new door stops and fire starters. Lawn care flyers? Door hangers? Street trash. 2016 is the digital age of websites.
Think about it. If someone wants to hire a lawn care business, like a landscaper, what do they do? They pull out their smart phone and go search on Google. If a business woman is stuck in traffic and remembers that she is dissatisfied with her lawn service, does she wait until she gets home and look up contractors in the phone book? No, she pulls out her Iphone and searches from her car. This is where your customers are in 2016, online. And you need to more customers if your lawn business is going to survive.
How to Get More Clients from Your Marketing Efforts
When you are starting your lawn care marketing, just having a website is not enough. Potential customers have to be able to find it, and that means you need to rank in the search engines. Sure, you can use “pay per click”, those ads you see above the search page results, but it can get expensive. You can easily spend the cost of a new zero turn mower per year on your campaign. Also up to 35% of all the clicks you pay for may be fraudulent.
And these days, Google.com, Bing.com + Yahoo.com are not the only ways new customers can find you. Social media sites like Facebook are not just a place to hang out and watch the newest cat videos. They are integral parts of your business plan.
You could hire an SEO company to rank your landscape business for you, but at $100 per hour or more, that is pricey as well. That means that you need to find a way to get your website on the first page of Google. Lucky for you, you found us because we know how to do that, and we can show you how to do that. We will give you the tools and the strategy to develop a lawn service marketing plan. Get your lawn maintenance advertising is shape for the new year. Before you buy that new zero turn mower, back pack blower and edger, you need clients yards to use them on. The fastest way to get more customers is through your website.
Five Strategies to Get More Landscaping Customers Online
The lawn care industry is known for being fiercely competitive. Establishing your presence online is a good first step. But the problem is, several other companies in your niche have already done the same thing. You have to find ways on how to claim the top spot in the search results pages to increase the visibility of your website. But you must not ignore other online avenues through which you can generate new leads. The following are some tips to help you get more lawn customers online.
1. Create content that makes a difference.
By now, you probably have a landscape website up and running. But if it only contains basic information about your business such as what services you offer and where customers can reach you, it might not prove to be too useful. What you want to do is set your website apart from the competition. Don’t simply talk about your offers; there’s a good chance your online visitors already know what kind of services they can expect from your company.
Your content must focus on the reasons why customers should choose your company over the others in the field. What edge do you have over the competition? Do you use the latest and most innovative equipment? Are your employees highly skilled and trained professionals? How about convenient payment services? Do you offer other services in addition to lawn mowing such as sprinkler repair and landscape or christmas lighting? All this information can compel potential clients to choose your business.
Did you know that consumers are more likely to do business with brands that have a presence in both search engines and social media? You read that right: search engine optimization is important in generating leads, but don’t forget the power of social media marketing. Sure, lawn care isn’t the most exciting topic in the world, so don’t expect to get millions of Facebook likes and shares. But the most important thing is to engage with your customers. Update all your social media profiles regularly such as LinkedIn and Foursquare, including YouTube videos, and be sure to respond to all the comments and messages you receive. This shows that you genuinely care about your client base and that you’re not just after their wallet.
3. Build an email list.
Email marketing is dead. That’s what people who don’t know anything about email marketing say. Building a mailing list and sending out regular newsletters is still an effective way of communicating with your customers and promoting your business. Remember that they subscribed to your list for a reason. You want to return the favor by delivering original and valuable content. In most cases, the people in your mailing list are your existing clients, so this is an excellent opportunity to get up sells like Christmas lighting.
4. Gather positive reviews.
Nearly all of potential lawn care customers will look for reviews about your company and the services you offer. It’s imperative that you know how your online reputation looks like from the perspective of customers. Check what your customers are saying regarding your business in places like Yelp and Angie’s List. In case you come across negative reviews, respond to them honestly. This shows a great amount of professionalism and commitment, building credibility in the eyes of potential leads. If you have some great reviews, take screenshots and place the images on your page under a header like: What Our Customers Say about Us
5. Learn from customer feedback.
Never ignore the feedback you receive from your customers. Take them as an opportunity to hone your craft and deliver better landscaping services in the future. Responding to both positive and negative feedback shows that you care about your clients, and this is important if you want to build a lasting relationship with them.
Even if the landscape business is frustratingly crowded, you can still stay ahead of the pack by following the tips mentioned above. Consistency is key here. By delivering useful content, communicating through social media, and improving your online reputation, you can surely get more lawn care customers and be the go-to source in your city.
Here are 5 more advertising methods to get landscaping clients;
- If your website doesn’t look good on phones and tablets you can lose half of your online traffic.
- Check your site on the Google mobile friendly page.
- If your site is on WordPress you can make it look good on mobile with a plugin.
- If you a CMS besides WordPress you may need a coder to help you.
- You can tell a client more about your company faster with video versus text.
- Embeding a video on your webpage can improve the user experience of your site.
- It is often easier to rank a You Tube video on the 1st page for your local keywords than your website.
- Instructional videos that help potentional customers can build a sense of repricosty in potentional customers that can lead to sales.
- A Facebook business page can show visitors that you are valued by your clients.
- Commercial FB posts can notify customers of specials or discounts you are running.
- It is very simple and inexpensive to target customers using the Facebook Power Editor.
- Similar to doorhangers, but if you target very specific neighborhoods it can be effective.
- Make sure to offer some sort of promotion to make the customer want to call.
- Add a lot of information.These are costing you money so make sure to list all of your services.
- Have a “news worthy” reason for your press release. A good PR writer can help you find the correct angle.
- Publish your PR content on your site first and don’t submit the release until you know it has indexed on your site. Otherwise it could look like you copied the content from news sources.
- Do NOT use keyword anchor text on your PR, it could lead to ranking penalities.Just use a straight or branded link.
FAQ’s From Our Readers Comments
Q. When should I start advertising my landscaping business?
A. I suggest putting up a website as your first step, maybe even before you do anything else. Why? It will take time to rank your website so get something online even if it is very basic with just an address and phone number (NAP)
Q. How much will a website cost?
A. Anywhere from nothing to thousands of dollars. The days of needing to hire a webdesigner are past. You can easily put up a basic website in 30 – 60 minutes. Just go here to learn how.
Q. What is the fastest way to get new customers?
A. Using your own family and friends (facebook friends as well) is the fastest way. The second fastest way is to rank on Google for your keywords, example “best lawn service Dallas TX.”
Q. How do I get commercial customers?
A. Unless you are bidding on really large projects like malls or airports (serious bidding process) introduce yourself to commercial management companies. First send a letter of introduction and follow up with a phone call. Understand that if they have any interest whatsoever they will look you up everywhere online so your site and Facebook need to look professional.